Thursday, August 7, 2008

After 6300 miles and 15 states we are home!!!

I can't say all of the ways that God blessed us on this trip...but I will list a few random memories:
  • Driving out west and seeing so much of God's diverse and amazing creation...forests, high lakes in WA, beaches, redwoods, cypress trees, white sand, black sand, sunsets, rivers, red rocks, Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, Mt. Rainier, and so much more.
  • Playing with my family and friends.
  • Watching John (and the kids) boogie board for hours in the Pacific Ocean. I think he was in the water more than out of it. :)
  • Listening to music on the road from Hillsong, Matthew West, Norah Jones, John Mayer and Seabird. (We always buy new music for the road and really enjoyed these albums, especially Hillsong's new Live album.
  • Spending time with both of our families. As the years go on I am reminded of how special these relationships are. We miss them so much!
  • Studying the 7 churches in Revelation with the Stead family at Lake Chelan. I learned a lot that I had never known. Thanks Mom!
  • Gas prices at 3.85-4.49. Crazy how it changed from day to day!
  • Floating the Wenatchee river with family and friends.
  • Running and biking with sister in law, Jill. We logged some serious miles together. I love being pushed by her whether spiritually or physically, she is a blessing to me!
  • Chi Chi's pizza with Mom, Dad, Nate, and Steve.
  • Laughing at Nate and Jon's jokes.
  • Playing with Hannah, and Olivia in the waves.

No comments: